Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A rant with a little Peter out of the way

I think an important way to deal with problems in the future is to deal with the small problems before they become large ones. Another important lesson I have learned tonight is to no sweet the small stuff. It is important to not get walked over but it is counterproductive to hold grudges. Disliking someone for what they have done in the past only reinforce your currently held beliefs about them. Hugs more hugs, it is really important to not be disconnected from others physically. It is important to just let go of you beliefs. Beliefs prevent you from having relationships with people who do not share your beliefs. Beliefs hurt because they are not true. No matter how hard you want and wish what you think to be real doesn’t actually make it so. What divides us from each other and the enlightenment of that intimate relationship is the belief that we are always right. Not so much in terms of winning an argument or scoring points in a cosmic battle of right and wrong but in the belief that our experiences and realities are more true and valid than others. I need to learn to not be so easily offended. Every word out of someone mouth is interpreted as a challenged against who I am. The idea of I is very flawed. Experiences when we are connected to another are the only meaningful experiences (keep in mind according to my experiences). Instead of jumping to conclusions and judgments based on preconceptions we need to listen. People are only anger when they feel like no one is listening to them, when the feel misunderstood, judged and alone. It is important for me to really listen with my heart and not be looking for the next smart thing to say. Try not to look at the world through my eyes. It provides meaningful freedom and happiness. I leave you feeling much happier and relived.

Peter

No comments: